A PICS Telecom 101 on the AirScale Cloud Packet Core from the Nokia AirScale
Nokia Cloud Packet Core is a virtualized and cloud-native solution that provides the core network functions for mobile networks, including the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and the 5G Core (5GC). It is designed to support the increasing demands of mobile data traffic, enable rapid deployment of new services, and provide scalability and flexibility to operators.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Virtualization and Cloud-Native Architecture: Nokia Cloud Packet Core leverages Network Function Virtualization (NFV) principles and a cloud-native architecture. It enables operators to deploy core network functions as software-based virtualized network functions (VNFs) on standard x86 hardware, facilitating resource consolidation, scalability, and agility.
- Multi-access Support: Nokia Cloud Packet Core supports multiple access technologies, including 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE), and 5G. It provides seamless integration and interworking between different generations of mobile networks, enabling a smooth migration path for operators.
- Network Slicing: The solution supports network slicing, which allows operators to partition the core network into multiple logical networks, each tailored to specific use cases or industries. Network slicing enables operators to provide differentiated services with specific performance characteristics, security, and resource allocation, meeting the diverse requirements of various applications.
- Scalability and Elasticity: Nokia Cloud Packet Core offers scalability and elasticity to adapt to changing network demands. It allows operators to dynamically scale resources based on traffic patterns, user demand, and service requirements, ensuring efficient resource utilization and optimal network performance.
- Service-based Architecture: The solution adopts a service-based architecture (SBA) for the 5G Core, enabling modular and flexible service composition. It allows operators to quickly introduce and orchestrate new services by combining and chaining different network functions to create innovative service offerings.
- Automation and Orchestration: Nokia Cloud Packet Core incorporates automation and orchestration capabilities to streamline network management and operations. It leverages advanced analytics, machine learning, and closed-loop automation to optimize network performance, enhance security, and automate various network operations tasks.