A PICS Telecom 101 on the FTL410QE2C-G1 from Finisar
FTL410QE2C-G1 is an optical transceiver module manufactured by Finisar Corporation. Optical transceivers are essential components in data communication networks, and they play a crucial role in transmitting and receiving optical signals over fiber-optic cables.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Form Factor: The FTLF1421P1BCL is typically designed as a Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) transceiver. SFP transceivers are compact and hot-swappable modules used in networking equipment like switches, routers, and network interface cards.
- Optical Type: This module is designed for use with single-mode fiber (SMF). Single-mode fiber is used for long-distance, high-speed data transmission because it allows light to travel in a single optical mode, reducing signal loss over long distances.
- Data Rate: The specific data rate or speed of the FTLF1421P1BCL may vary depending on the exact model or version, but it is commonly associated with Gigabit Ethernet (1 Gbps) or Fibre Channel (1GFC) connections.
- Wavelength: Optical transceivers operate at specific wavelengths of light. The wavelength supported by this module will depend on its specific variant.
- Connector Type: The module is likely equipped with an LC duplex connector, which is standard for SFP transceivers. LC connectors are commonly used in fiber-optic networks due to their small size and high reliability.
- Distance: The module’s range or distance capabilities may vary, but single-mode SFP transceivers are typically designed for longer-distance connections, often spanning several kilometers.
- Compatibility: The FTLF1421P1BCL module is designed to be compatible with a range of networking equipment that supports SFP transceivers, allowing for easy integration into existing network infrastructure.
- Applications: It is suitable for a variety of applications, including long-distance data transmission, optical networking in data centers, and telecommunications networks.