A PICS Telecom 101 on the RBS 6201 from the Ericsson RBS6000 Series
The RBS 6201 is a compact indoor macro base station designed for high capacity and coverage in dense urban areas. It supports multiple radio technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, and LTE.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Multi-Standard Support: The RBS 6201 supports multiple radio technologies, including GSM (2G), WCDMA (3G), and LTE (4G). This makes it a versatile solution that can be used to upgrade or deploy various generations of wireless networks.
- High Capacity: The base station is designed to handle high traffic volumes, making it suitable for areas with a large number of active users or heavy data usage.
- Compact Design: The RBS 6201 is compact and lightweight, allowing for easier installation in areas where space may be limited, such as on rooftops or in crowded urban environments.
- Energy Efficiency: Ericsson focuses on energy-efficient solutions, and the RBS 6201 is designed with power-saving features to reduce energy consumption and operational costs.
- Carrier Aggregation: The base station supports carrier aggregation, a technology that enables the combination of multiple frequency bands to increase data rates and capacity.
- Remote Management: Like other base stations in the RBS 6000 series, the RBS 6201 can be remotely managed and monitored through Ericsson’s network management systems, making it easier for operators to maintain and optimize their networks.
- High Reliability: The RBS 6201 is built with reliability in mind, featuring robust hardware and software to ensure continuous network operation.
- Scalability: As network demands evolve, the RBS 6201 can be upgraded and expanded to meet the growing needs of the network, providing investment protection for operators.
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Ready: Ericsson promotes SDN and network virtualization, and the RBS 6201 is compatible with SDN technologies for more flexible and agile network management.