A PICS Telecom 101 on the NCS2K 50GHz Fixed Wavelength from the Cisco NCS2K Series
The NCS2K 50GHz Fixed Wavelength is a product designed for the Cisco NCS2K (Network Convergence System 2000) series, providing precise and efficient channel allocation in dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) optical networks with a channel spacing of 50 GHz. It enables service providers to optimize network resources and increase capacity by transmitting multiple wavelengths over a single optical fiber, supporting high-performance and flexible optical transport solutions.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Fixed Wavelength Support: The product offers fixed-grid wavelength support, allowing precise and efficient channel allocation in a DWDM optical network with a channel spacing of 50 GHz.
- Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) Compatibility: The line card or module is compatible with DWDM technology, enabling multiple wavelengths to be transmitted over a single optical fiber, increasing network capacity and flexibility.
- Scalability: The NCS2K 50GHz Fixed Wavelength product supports scalability, making it suitable for various network architectures and accommodating future growth and evolving customer demands.
- Optical Network Optimization: The fixed-wavelength technology ensures precise and reliable optical channel allocation, optimizing network resources and facilitating efficient service delivery.
- Carrier-Grade Reliability: The product is built with carrier-grade reliability features to ensure high network availability and operational stability for mission-critical services.
- Network Management: The NCS2K 50GHz Fixed Wavelength product can be managed and provisioned through the Cisco Network Convergence System Controller (NCS2000 Series), providing centralized control and efficient network management.