A PICS Telecom 101 on the Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series from the Cisco Catalyst platform
The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series is a robust family of enterprise switches featuring integrated wireless LAN controller capabilities for unified wired and wireless management. With advanced security, stackability, and support for high-performance features like multigigabit Ethernet, it offers a comprehensive solution for modern network environments seeking enhanced performance, scalability, and security.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Converged Access: The Catalyst 3850 Series supports converged wired and wireless access, allowing seamless management and control of both wired and wireless networks from a single platform.
- Integrated Wireless LAN Controller (WLC): These switches include an integrated wireless LAN controller, enabling centralized management and deployment of wireless access points while simplifying network architecture.
- High Availability and Stackability: The switches support stacking, allowing you to create a single logical unit with high resiliency, simplified management, and increased capacity.
- Advanced Security: The Catalyst 3850 Series offers comprehensive security features, including TrustSec, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) integration, and Network Admission Control (NAC), enhancing network access control and threat mitigation.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS capabilities enable you to prioritize critical applications and traffic, ensuring optimal performance for important data flows.
- Energy Efficiency: The switches incorporate energy-saving technologies like Cisco EnergyWise, helping reduce power consumption and operational costs.
- Multigigabit Ethernet: Some models of the Catalyst 3850 Series support multigigabit Ethernet ports, providing higher data rates over existing cabling, ideal for demanding applications and wireless access points.
- Software-Defined Access (SD-Access): The series can be integrated into Cisco’s SD-Access framework, enabling policy-based automation, segmentation, and improved network visibility.
- Advanced Management: Cisco DNA Center integration enables streamlined network management, automation, and monitoring for efficient network operations.
- FlexStack-Plus and FlexStack-Extended Stacking: These stacking technologies offer flexibility in stack design and topology, allowing for efficient expansion and simplified management of stacked switches.
- High-Performance Architecture: The Catalyst 3850 Series switches are built with high-performance hardware components to support demanding networking environments and applications.
- Modular and Fixed Configurations: The series offers a range of modular and fixed configuration options to match various network deployment scenarios and requirements.