A PICS Telecom 101 on the Cisco 880 from the Cisco 800 Series.
The Cisco 880 Series routers are part of the Cisco 800 Series ISR family and are specifically designed for small branch offices. They offer secure, high-performance routing, integrated security, and optional wireless connectivity.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Integrated Services: The Cisco 880 Series routers provide a variety of integrated services, including routing, security, wireless connectivity, and voice services. This integration helps simplify network management and reduce costs.
- Secure Connectivity: The routers offer advanced security features to ensure secure connectivity. They support firewall and VPN capabilities, including IPsec VPN and SSL VPN, to provide encrypted and authenticated communication over the network.
- High-Performance Routing: The routers offer high-performance routing capabilities to handle the data traffic efficiently. They support features like Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing critical applications, dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and EIGRP, and IPv6 routing.
- WAN Connectivity Options: The Cisco 880 Series routers support a range of WAN connectivity options, including Ethernet, DSL, and 3G/4G cellular connectivity. This flexibility allows organizations to choose the most suitable option based on their specific requirements and available infrastructure.
- Wireless Connectivity: Many models in the Cisco 880 Series come with built-in wireless capabilities, supporting Wi-Fi standards such as 802.11ac or 802.11n. This enables wireless connectivity for devices within the office or for guest networks.
- Voice Services: Some models in the Cisco 880 Series routers offer integrated voice services, allowing organizations to set up IP telephony solutions and support Voice over IP (VoIP) communication. They support features like Voice VLAN, QoS for voice traffic, and IP PBX connectivity.
- Remote Management: The routers can be managed remotely using Cisco IOS Software, allowing administrators to monitor and configure the devices from a central location. They also support Cisco Configuration Professional, a graphical user interface for easier device management.
- Energy Efficiency: Cisco 880 Series routers are designed to be energy-efficient, helping organizations reduce power consumption and lower operational costs. They support features such as power-saving modes and intelligent power management.