A PICS Telecom 101 on the Cisco 860 from the Cisco 800 Series
These routers are optimized for telecommuting, small remote offices, and managed services deployments. They offer integrated security features and support for secure VPN connectivity.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Integrated Services: The Cisco 860 Series routers provide integrated services, combining routing, security, wireless connectivity, and voice services in a single device. This integration simplifies network management and reduces the need for multiple devices.
- Security: The routers offer robust security features to protect the network and data. They support firewall capabilities, including stateful packet inspection (SPI) and access control lists (ACLs), to control and filter network traffic. Virtual Private Network (VPN) support includes IPsec VPN and SSL VPN for secure remote access.
- High-Performance Routing: The routers deliver high-performance routing capabilities to handle data traffic efficiently. They support advanced routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP for dynamic routing. Quality of Service (QoS) features enable prioritization of critical applications and ensure optimal performance.
- WAN Connectivity Options: Cisco 860 Series routers support various WAN connectivity options, including Ethernet, DSL, and 3G/4G cellular connectivity. This flexibility allows organizations to choose the most suitable option based on their specific requirements and available infrastructure.
- Wireless Connectivity: Many models in the Cisco 860 Series come with built-in wireless capabilities, supporting Wi-Fi standards such as 802.11ac or 802.11n. This enables wireless connectivity for devices within the office or for guest networks.
- Voice Services: Some models in the Cisco 860 Series routers support integrated voice services, allowing organizations to deploy IP telephony solutions and support Voice over IP (VoIP) communication. They offer features like voice VLAN, QoS for voice traffic, and support for IP PBX connectivity.
- Remote Management: The routers can be managed remotely using Cisco IOS Software, enabling centralized monitoring and configuration. They support Cisco Configuration Professional, a graphical user interface for simplified device management. Additionally, they can be managed through Cisco DNA Center for enhanced network management capabilities.
- Energy Efficiency: Cisco 860 Series routers are designed with energy efficiency in mind, helping organizations reduce power consumption and operational costs. They support features such as power-saving modes and intelligent power management.