A PICS Telecom 101 on the C9300-48U from the Cisco C3900 Series
The Cisco Catalyst C9300-48U is a high-performance, stackable switch designed for enterprise networks. With 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, advanced security features, and integrated wireless controller capabilities, it provides a reliable and feature-rich solution for organizations requiring robust connectivity and efficient network management, without Power over Ethernet (PoE) support.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- High Port Density: The C9300-48U switch offers 48 ports with 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit Ethernet) connectivity. These ports are designed for data transmission and do not support Power over Ethernet (PoE). The high port density allows for the connection of numerous devices, such as computers, servers, and network appliances.
- Advanced Security: The switch incorporates advanced security features to protect the network infrastructure. It supports features like TrustSec, MACsec encryption, Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access), and Secure Network Analytics (Stealthwatch) integration for threat detection and mitigation.
- High-performance Switching: The C9300-48U provides high-performance switching with a forwarding capacity of up to 176 Gbps. It can handle heavy network traffic and deliver fast and reliable connectivity.
- Modular and Stackable Design: Similar to other models in the Catalyst 9300 Series, the C9300-48U has a modular design, allowing for easy expansion and scalability. It also supports stacking technology, enabling multiple switches to be interconnected and managed as a single logical unit.
- Enhanced Network Management: The C9300-48U switch supports Cisco’s DNA Center, a centralized network management platform that provides automation, monitoring, and troubleshooting capabilities. It allows administrators to streamline operations, enforce policies, and gain visibility into the network.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch offers advanced QoS capabilities, allowing administrators to prioritize network traffic based on specific requirements. This ensures that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and network resources for optimal performance.
- Energy Efficiency: The C9300-48U switch incorporates energy-saving features, such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and low-power consumption components. These features help reduce power consumption and operational costs while promoting environmental sustainability.
- Integrated Wireless Controller: Like other switches in the Catalyst 9300 Series, the C9300-48U has an integrated wireless controller that simplifies the deployment and management of wireless access points (APs). This feature eliminates the need for a separate wireless controller and provides a unified wired and wireless network experience.
- Network Segmentation and Virtualization: The C9300-48U supports Virtual LANs (VLANs) and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) instances, allowing for network segmentation and virtualization. This capability helps isolate traffic, improve security, and optimize network performance.