A PICS Telecom 101 on the C9300-48P from the Cisco C3900 Series
The Cisco Catalyst C9300-48P is a high-performance, stackable switch designed for enterprise networks. With 48 ports supporting Power over Ethernet (PoE), advanced security features, and integrated wireless controller capabilities, it provides a reliable and feature-rich solution for organizations requiring robust connectivity and efficient network management.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) Support: The “P” in the model name indicates that the C9300-48P switch supports Power over Ethernet. It can provide power to connected devices, such as IP phones, wireless access points, and surveillance cameras, through the Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for separate power adapters.
- High Port Density: The C9300-48P switch offers 48 ports with PoE support. These ports are typically 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit Ethernet) ports. The PoE capability simplifies deployment and reduces the complexity of managing power sources for network devices.
- Advanced Security: The switch incorporates advanced security features to protect the network infrastructure. It supports features like TrustSec, MACsec encryption, Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access), and Secure Network Analytics (Stealthwatch) integration for threat detection and mitigation.
- High-performance Switching: The C9300-48P provides high-performance switching with a forwarding capacity of up to 176 Gbps. It can handle heavy network traffic and deliver fast and reliable connectivity.
- Modular and Stackable Design: Similar to other models in the Catalyst 9300 Series, the C9300-48P has a modular design, allowing for easy expansion and scalability. It also supports stacking technology, enabling multiple switches to be interconnected and managed as a single logical unit.
- Enhanced Network Management: The C9300-48P switch supports Cisco’s DNA Center, a centralized network management platform that provides automation, monitoring, and troubleshooting capabilities. It allows administrators to streamline operations, enforce policies, and gain visibility into the network.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch offers advanced QoS capabilities, allowing administrators to prioritize network traffic based on specific requirements. This ensures that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and network resources for optimal performance.
- Energy Efficiency: The C9300-48P switch incorporates energy-saving features, such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and low-power consumption components. These features help reduce power consumption and operational costs while promoting environmental sustainability.
- Integrated Wireless Controller: Like other switches in the Catalyst 9300 Series, the C9300-48P has an integrated wireless controller that simplifies the deployment and management of wireless access points (APs). This feature eliminates the need for a separate wireless controller and provides a unified wired and wireless network experience.
- Network Segmentation and Virtualization: The C9300-48P supports Virtual LANs (VLANs) and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) instances, allowing for network segmentation and virtualization. This capability helps isolate traffic, improve security, and optimize network performance.