A PICS Telecom 101 on the Cisco 890 from the Cisco 800 Series
The Cisco 890 Series routers are designed for small to medium-sized branch offices. They provide advanced features like integrated voice and data, virtual private network (VPN) support, and high-speed connectivity options.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Integrated Services: The Cisco 890 Series routers provide integrated services, combining routing, security, wireless connectivity, and voice services in a single device. This integration simplifies network management and reduces the need for multiple devices.
- Security: The routers offer robust security features to protect the network and data. They support firewall capabilities, including stateful packet inspection (SPI), access control lists (ACLs), and threat defense features such as Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Content Filtering. VPN support includes IPsec VPN and SSL VPN for secure remote access.
- High-Performance Routing: The routers deliver high-performance routing capabilities to handle data traffic efficiently. They support advanced routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP for dynamic routing. Quality of Service (QoS) features enable prioritization of critical applications and ensure optimal performance.
- Flexible WAN Connectivity: Cisco 890 Series routers offer flexible options for WAN connectivity. They support various interfaces, including Ethernet, DSL, Serial, and Gigabit Ethernet. This flexibility allows organizations to connect to different types of service providers and choose the most suitable connectivity option.
- Wireless Connectivity: Many models in the Cisco 890 Series come with built-in wireless capabilities, supporting Wi-Fi standards such as 802.11ac or 802.11n. This enables wireless connectivity for devices within the office or for guest networks.
- Voice Services: Some models in the Cisco 890 Series routers support integrated voice services, allowing organizations to deploy IP telephony solutions and support Voice over IP (VoIP) communication. They offer features like voice VLAN, QoS for voice traffic, and support for IP PBX connectivity.
- Remote Management: The routers can be managed remotely using Cisco IOS Software, enabling centralized monitoring and configuration. They support Cisco Configuration Professional, a graphical user interface for simplified device management. Additionally, they can be managed through Cisco DNA Center for enhanced network management capabilities.
- Energy Efficiency: Cisco 890 Series routers are designed with energy efficiency in mind, helping organizations reduce power consumption and operational costs. They support features such as power-saving modes and intelligent power management.