A PICS Telecom 101 on the Cisco 829 from the Cisco 800 Series
The Cisco 829 is a ruggedized and compact router designed for mobile and IoT (Internet of Things) applications. It offers reliable and secure connectivity in challenging environments, with features such as integrated wireless, cellular connectivity, and advanced security capabilities, making it an ideal choice for remote and outdoor deployments.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Ruggedized Design: It is designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions, featuring a ruggedized enclosure that can operate reliably in outdoor and industrial settings.
- Integrated Wireless and Cellular Connectivity: The router supports various wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi (802.11ac/n) and cellular connectivity (3G/4G/LTE), providing flexible and reliable connectivity options for mobile and remote deployments.
- Advanced Security: It includes robust security features such as firewall, VPN support, and intrusion prevention system (IPS) to ensure data confidentiality, integrity, and protection against network threats.
- Dual SIM Slots: The Cisco 829 router offers dual SIM slots, allowing for seamless failover and backup connectivity in case of network outages or signal degradation, ensuring continuous and uninterrupted connectivity.
- GPS Support: It includes built-in GPS capabilities, enabling accurate location tracking and positioning for mobile assets and vehicles, making it suitable for fleet management and tracking applications.
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): The router supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, allowing it to power compatible devices such as IP cameras, access points, and other network peripherals, simplifying deployments and reducing the need for additional power sources.
- Advanced Routing and Networking Features: The Cisco 829 router provides advanced routing capabilities, including dynamic routing protocols, Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization, and Network Address Translation (NAT) for efficient IP address management.
- Centralized Management: It can be centrally managed and monitored using Cisco’s network management tools, providing administrators with a unified interface for configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.