A PICS Telecom 101 on the Calix E7-2 AXOS 10GE-12 from the Calix E7 Series
The Calix E7-2 AXOS 10GE-12 is a line card designed for the Calix E7-2 Ethernet Service Access Platform (ESAP). It provides 12 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, enabling high-speed broadband service delivery with scalability, versatility, and advanced quality of service features.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) Interfaces: The line card provided 12 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet, offering high-speed connectivity for delivering bandwidth-intensive services to subscribers.
- Scalability: The Calix E7-2 AXOS 10GE-12 line card was designed to enhance the scalability of the E7-2 platform. It allowed service providers to expand their network capacity and meet the growing demands of their subscriber base.
- AXOS (Access eXtensible Operating System): AXOS is Calix’s software platform that simplifies network operations and enables service providers to deliver services faster and more efficiently. The E7-2 AXOS 10GE-12 line card was part of the AXOS family, benefiting from the platform’s capabilities.
- Fiber and Copper Support: The line card provided support for both fiber and copper-based technologies, offering versatility in deploying broadband services across various network types.
- Service Flexibility: With 12 10GE ports, the line card allowed service providers to offer a mix of services to their subscribers, including high-speed internet, IPTV, VoIP, and other advanced applications.
- High Performance: The Calix E7-2 AXOS 10GE-12 line card was designed to handle high data throughput and low-latency requirements, ensuring a seamless experience for subscribers accessing bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Features: The line card supported advanced QoS features, allowing service providers to prioritize critical services and applications over the network to ensure a consistent user experience.