A PICS Telecom 101 on the PWR-3KT-CLP from the Arista 7500R Series
The Arista 7500R Series is a collection of high-performance modular switches designed by Arista Networks for data center and enterprise networking environments. These switches offer a combination of scalability, high port density, and advanced features to meet the demands of modern network infrastructure. With their modular design, these switches can be customized to adapt to changing network requirements, making them suitable for applications that require high throughput, low latency, and robust reliability. They often integrate features like cloud networking support, automation, and security enhancements, making them well-suited for complex and dynamic networking environments.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Modular Design: The Arista 7500R switches offer a modular architecture, allowing network administrators to customize the switch’s configuration based on their specific needs. This includes the ability to add line cards and expansion modules as requirements change.
- High Density: The switches in this series are known for their high port density, providing a significant number of ports in a compact form factor. This makes them suitable for environments where space is a concern.
- Scalability: With their modular design and flexible options for interface speeds, the 7500R Series switches can accommodate growing network demands and changing traffic patterns.
- High Performance: These switches are engineered for high-performance data forwarding, low latency, and high throughput. This makes them suitable for demanding applications such as big data analytics, virtualization, and cloud services.
- Advanced Features: The switches often include advanced features such as cloud networking capabilities, support for software-defined networking (SDN), extensive automation and orchestration support, and analytics for network monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Redundancy and Reliability: Arista switches typically offer features like hot-swappable power supplies and fans, as well as support for various high-availability and redundancy protocols to ensure network reliability.
- Ecosystem Integration: The 7500R Series switches are designed to integrate with various cloud platforms, virtualization environments, and orchestration tools commonly used in modern data centers.
- Security: These switches often provide advanced security features such as traffic encryption, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and network segmentation capabilities to protect sensitive data.
- Operational Simplicity: Arista switches are known for their user-friendly interfaces, CLI (Command Line Interface) capabilities, and comprehensive management tools that streamline network administration.