A PICS Telecom 101 on the Arista 7512R from the Arista 7000 Series
The Arista 7512R Series switches are high-density platforms designed for cloud-scale networks. They offer high throughput, low latency, and support for a wide range of deployment scenarios, including spine-leaf architectures and data center interconnects.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- High Performance: The Arista 7512R Series switches provide high-performance networking with wire-speed forwarding and low latency. They are designed to handle heavy workloads and high-volume traffic in data centers and cloud networks.
- Modular Architecture: The switches feature a modular design that allows for flexible configurations and easy scalability. They support a variety of line cards and modules to accommodate different networking requirements.
- Flexibility and Scalability: With various line cards and port configurations, the Arista 7512R Series switches offer flexibility to meet diverse networking needs. They support a mix of Ethernet speeds, including 10/25/40/50/100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
- Advanced EOS Software: The switches run on Arista’s Extensible Operating System (EOS), a robust and feature-rich operating system. EOS provides advanced capabilities for network management, automation, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Deep Buffer Architecture: The Arista 7512R Series switches incorporate a deep buffer architecture, which helps in managing bursty traffic and reducing packet drops, ensuring smooth data flow during congestion.
- High Availability: These switches are designed with high availability features, including hot-swappable power supplies and fan modules, as well as redundant components to minimize downtime.
- Traffic Monitoring and Analytics: The Arista 7512R Series switches offer extensive visibility and analytics capabilities. They provide flow statistics, packet captures, and network telemetry, enabling administrators to gain insights into network performance and troubleshoot issues effectively.
- VXLAN Support: The switches support Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) technology, which facilitates efficient network virtualization and overlay solutions. VXLAN allows for the creation of logical networks and simplifies VM mobility.
- Data Center Interconnect (DCI) Capabilities: The Arista 7512R Series switches include features tailored for data center interconnect scenarios. They provide advanced capabilities for connecting and extending networks across multiple data centers.
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Capabilities: These switches are compatible with SDN frameworks such as OpenFlow and offer programmability options through standard APIs. This allows for network automation, orchestration, and integration with SDN controllers and applications.
- Environmental Considerations: The Arista 7512R Series switches are designed with energy efficiency in mind, incorporating power-saving features to reduce overall power consumption and operational costs.