A PICS Telecom 101 on the Arista 7280R from the Arista 7000 Series
The Arista 7280R Series switches are fixed-configuration switches that offer high performance and low latency. They are commonly used in data centers and cloud environments that require high-speed networking and advanced capabilities.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- High Performance: The Arista 7280R Series switches deliver high performance with wire-speed forwarding and low latency. They are designed to handle high-volume traffic and demanding workloads in data centers.
- Flexibility and Scalability: These switches offer flexibility and scalability with a range of port configurations and speeds, including 10/25/40/50/100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. They can adapt to changing network requirements and support future growth.
- Advanced EOS Software: The switches run on Arista’s Extensible Operating System (EOS), a robust and feature-rich software platform. EOS provides advanced capabilities for network management, automation, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Deep Buffer Architecture: The Arista 7280R Series switches incorporate a deep buffer architecture, which helps in managing bursts of traffic and minimizing packet drops. This feature is particularly useful in environments with high volumes of data and unpredictable traffic patterns.
- High Availability: The switches are designed with high availability features, including redundant power supplies and hot-swappable fans. They support hitless software upgrades, allowing for seamless updates without disrupting network operation.
- Traffic Monitoring and Analytics: The Arista 7280R Series switches offer extensive visibility and analytics capabilities. They provide comprehensive traffic monitoring, including flow statistics, packet captures, and network telemetry, enabling administrators to gain insights into network performance and troubleshoot issues effectively.
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Capabilities: These switches are compatible with SDN frameworks such as OpenFlow and offer programmability options through standards-based APIs. This allows for network automation, orchestration, and integration with third-party applications and tools.
- VXLAN Support: The switches support Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) technology, enabling efficient network virtualization and overlay solutions. VXLAN helps facilitate the creation of logical networks and enables the seamless movement of virtual machines across physical hosts.
- Data Center Interconnect (DCI) Capabilities: The Arista 7280R Series switches offer features specifically designed for data center interconnect scenarios. They provide advanced capabilities for connecting and extending networks across multiple data centers.