A PICS Telecom 101 on the 8DG62498AA from the Alcatel Lucent 1870 series.
The Alcatel-Lucent 1870 Series is a family of optical networking equipment offered by Alcatel-Lucent, a telecommunications company. These products are designed for use in telecommunications networks to provide high-speed data transmission and optical networking capabilities. The 1870 Series likely includes various models and configurations, such as optical transport platforms, wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) systems, and other related equipment. These systems are designed to enable efficient and reliable data transport over optical fibers, catering to the needs of telecommunications service providers and enterprises for building and maintaining high-capacity, high-performance networks.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- High Capacity: The Alcatel-Lucent 1870 Series likely offers high-capacity optical transport, enabling the efficient transmission of large amounts of data over long distances.
- Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM): WDM technology allows multiple wavelengths of light (colors) to be transmitted simultaneously over a single optical fiber, significantly increasing the network’s capacity.
- Optical Transport Platforms: These platforms provide the infrastructure to manage and control the transmission of data across optical networks, ensuring reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Scalability: Optical networks need to be easily scalable to accommodate growing data demands. The 1870 Series may offer the ability to add new capacity or wavelengths as needed.
- Network Resilience: Optical networks require high levels of resilience to ensure uninterrupted data transmission. Features such as protection switching and network redundancy might be present.
- Flexibility: The equipment might support various optical interfaces and protocols, enabling it to integrate with different network architectures and technologies.
- Advanced Management and Control: Effective network management tools allow operators to monitor, configure, and troubleshoot the network efficiently.
- Optical Performance Monitoring: This feature enables real-time monitoring of the optical signal quality and health of the network, aiding in identifying and addressing issues promptly.
- Efficient Power Usage: Energy-efficient design is crucial for minimizing the environmental impact and operational costs of the network.
- Compatibility with Industry Standards: The equipment likely adheres to relevant industry standards for optical networking, ensuring interoperability with other vendors’ equipment.
- Support for Various Network Applications: Optical networking equipment like the Alcatel-Lucent 1870 Series might be used for various applications, including metro networks, long-haul networks, data centers, and more.