A PICS Telecom 101 on the 8DG59418AA from the Alcatel Lucent 1830 Series.
The 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS) is a family of DWDM multiservice, multilayer P-OTN transport platforms that provide efficient transport at any scale, from compact access to the converged Optical Transport Network (OTN)/DWDM core. The 1830 PSS-32 supports maximum scale for regional to long-haul, multilayer packet optical transport.
PICS Telecom offers the largest inventory of new and used multi-vendor telecom network products and data equipment. Providing critical spares and services to over 2000 customers in over 100 countries. All equipment provided is thoroughly tested to ensure it is in excellent working condition and is backed by PICS’ comprehensive warranty.
- Provides efficient optical transport for any application, fiber type, and reach
- Supports unconstrained service grooming at the wavelength, port, and sub-port levels
- Offers enhanced packet optical transport features, including Carrier Ethernet, wavelength and sub-wavelength services, and highly secure low-latency encrypted wavelengths
- Uses advanced PSE super coherent wavelength modulation formats and shaping to maximize fiber utilization and prevent premature fiber exhaustion
- Uses integrated CDC-F wavelength routing with C+L-band WDM, and OTN switching to optimize scaling of network capacity
- Leverages Integrated Packet Transport to provide efficient, versatile, and reliable Layer 2 Ethernet transport and services
- Applies advanced multilayer networking algorithms to reliably transport services at the most economical layer
- Supports the move to reliable and scalable high-bandwidth connectivity services with ultra-scalable OTN switching and flexible wavelength transport
- Provides tiered protection and restoration resiliency levels for value-based SLAs
- Delivers secure, low latency, and bandwidth efficient encryption for business-critical applications